Monday, April 27, 2015

11/22/63: A Novel by Stephen King



RATED 5 STARS





When this book was recommended to me for book club I wanted to read it very badly...until I saw it was 850+ pages long.  Feeling a little overwhelmed, I started.... and I couldn't put it down.  I would say it was one of the best books I ever read.
The hero, Jake, in modern times, poses as George, and travels back in time to try and stop the shooting of JFK.  There are all kinds of twists and turns and many characters to keep track of and JFK is not the only one Jake/George has to save.
I could give you a synopsis of the book but I enjoyed the ride and I want you to do so too.
This story provoked a lot of memories for me and gives a clear and well presented picture of the early sixties.  You really feel like you get to know Jake/George in spite of his two names.  The supporting cast is interesting and well fleshed out.
Try this book if you lived in the sixties but especially if you didn't.  King did a lot of research and although this is a novel there are a lot of historical references that make the story seem so very real.

No comments:

Post a Comment