Monday, March 2, 2015

Passing Notes by D. G. Driver


 RATED 4.5 STARS












In the story, Mark Dowd is trying to impress the girl he can hardly believe returns his feelings.  No matter what he does though, it seems that nothing works. The magic they had over winter break seems to be gone just like that. Suddenly, handwriting that appears in a special book starts to give him advice and it works! Bethany is his.  How the handwriting is connected to his grandmother is a surprise to all.  Does the boy really get the girl?  Read the story and find out.
                      *********************************

I really liked this story.  I liked how Mark just couldn't seem to convey his feelings properly to the girl he so desperately wanted.  I liked the element of a little magic helping him along.  I liked how the whole thing tied to his family. 

The only thing I didn't like was that it was too short!!!!!!  I would have loved this to be a full length book with more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment