Monday, March 30, 2015

Ever After High by Shannon Hale




 RATED 4 STARS

What do you do if you want to take a different path in life than your parent?  For most kids that isn’t a big problem but for Raven Queen, the daughter of the Evil Queen, it is!  The kids at Ever After High are going to commit in writing to continuing the stories that were started by their families.  Some will be princesses, some will be princes and well, one will be an evil queen….or will she?
                                      *************************

I liked this book.  Apparently it is the first in a series and I missed the fact that there are dolls and toys that are available.  After all, I’m a book reviewer, not a toy collector!
I thought the author did an excellent job of doing plays on words from the old stories and I thought the main characters had real problems to deal with and that readers could understand.
Having said that, I heard that the Disney channel is making this series into a cartoon series on their channel so I hope that kids will still read the books and not just watch television!

If your princess is a reader, I think she will love these books. They are not great literature but they are  a fun and and easy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment