Thursday, January 15, 2015

Very Artsy

I love art and artists.  I don't think you can encourage creativity in your child too soon.  I think I gave my son his first crayons as soon as he could hold his spoon! Giant pieces of paper on my kitchen floor gave him the opportunity to explore his creativity.  He continued to use that creativity and does to this day.  So give these books about creativity and artists a try.

Degas and the Little Dancer by Laurence Anholt

Marie is a little girl who poses for Degas so she can earn money for her dance lessons.

Mix It Up by  Herve Tullet

Just what the title implies.  Colors get mixed together for some beautiful results.

The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds

Start with a dot and see what happens to Vashti's empty paper.

Beautiful Oops by Barney Saltzberg

Mistakes are OK if you use your imagination and make something new and unexpected.

Claude Monet: Sunshine and Water Lilies by Steven Packard

A little boy's school report on Claude Monet brings the artist to life for kids.
Beauty and art are all around us, so keep looking.  And until next week, keep on reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment