Thursday, November 13, 2014

Throwback Thursday



I told you how much I loved Out of the Mouths of Babes that I decided to do some more of them.  This is actually one of them even though it has a different title.  I called it Throwback Thursday because today is Thursday and these "babes" are all grown up now.  They still know what they liked as kids though.

Megan is my daughter.  She has been a voracious reader since Kindergarten.  I remember the first time she discovered she could read.  It was at the school library and she brought home the book and read it to me. How proud she was.....and so was I!  Her favorite book was Miss Nelson is Missing by Harry G. Allard.  She doesn't remember but she loved Pat the Bunny by Dorothy Kunhardt.
Here she is when she was little:



Brian is my son.  His absolute favorite of all time was The Monster at the End of This Book.  I am here to tell you I read it to him a million times.  I can't wait to buy it for his kids some day. I'll probably get multiple copies since ours got ripped to shreds!  For a long time, he wasn't too interested in reading for pleasure but then along came the Star Wars series of books that continued the story of his favorite movies and BAM! he was hooked again!
Here he is as a little guy:


Brittany is my future daughter in law.  She is a life long reader.  She told me that her favortie book was The Berenstein Bears' No Girls Allowed.  She probably heard that a lot from her big brother who she admitted she followed around shamelessly!  Here she is when she was just a little girl:

Matthew is my nephew.  I always bought him a book for Christmas and nothing else...haha just kidding!  I did always buy him books and I have wonderful memories of reading  The Jolly Postman's Christmas together on Christmas Eve after all the other gifts were open.  His favorite book was (you won't believe this but it is true) was The Monster at the End of This Book!  No kidding, just like his cuz.  I guess I better buy a few more copies for his future kids too.  Here he is when he was little:
A good book never leaves your memory so until next week, keep on reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment