Thursday, February 27, 2014

I Know A Story









KIDZ KORNER








I’ve always been a fairytale fan.  It all started in second grade when we got a reading book called I Know a Story, then It Happened One Day and finally After the Sun Sets.  I think I finished the last one in third grade.  They had fairy tales I didn’t know about like the princess on the icy hill and Snow White and Rose Red.  I remember the books especially well because when I taught second grade, they still had the them so I read them with my students. 


I love the watered down versions of fairy tales like Cinderella and The Little Mermaid that Disney produced and I love the originals, even Hans Christian Andersen who was really depressing.
So I have some suggestions of classics that I think are well done.  I won’t give a synopsis today since they are all familiar ones.  Take your pick and enjoy!

 
Goldilocks and the Three Bears by Caralyn and Mark Bueher

 The Three Little Pigs by Paul Galdone

 
Red Riding Hood by James Marshall

 
The Gingerbread Boy by Richard Egielski

 
The Princess and the Pea adapted by John Cech
 

 
Hansel and Gretel by Dom Deluise and Christopher Santora

 
Jack and the Beanstalk

 
Rapunzel by Alex Berdedzy

 
Rumpelstiltskin by  Desideria Guiccardini

 
Three Billy Goats Gruff by Stephen Carpenter

 
Emperor’s New Clothes by Starlight Foundation

Note:  Read by a cast of famous actors organized by Steven Spielberg included in book!

 
The Elves and the Shoemaker by Alison Edgton

 

So, as you can see, I do “know a story”! And until next week, keep on reading!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment