Thursday, December 19, 2013

More Ho Ho Ho


 
KIDZ KORNER
 
Well, Christmas is fast approaching but I bet you need a few bedtime or naptime stories.  My kids loved reading at bedtime.  Even when Santa was on their minds.  That’s when I read That’s Not Santa about a million times.
Hope your kids love these stories so much that you will read them about a million times!

 

How Santa Got His Job by Stephen Krensky

 
Did you ever wonder how Santa got his job?  I know I did.  It takes a lot of different experiences to make the jolly old soul. You’ll learn how he hooked up with those reindeer too. And even though he has the best job in the world, he carries an emergency kit. You’ll find out why in this book.  I would read this book to kids 4-7.

 

Reindeer Christmas by Mark Moulton

 This is a very sweet and charming story about two children and their Gram and how they take care of the woodland animals at Christmas.  One day they find a poor deer who is so weak they take him home.  Turns out, he is Donner who got lost in a blizzard and he returns home just in time for Christmas Eve.  I would read this book to kids 3-7.

 

Santa and the Three Bears by Maria Modugno

 
Santa fills in for Goldilocks in this familiar story of the bears who go for an innocent walk and find a stranger in their home when they return.  Santa has to hurry on his way but not before promising to bring Baby Bear a new chair next year.  I would read this book to kids 3-6.

 

Santa Duck by David Milgrim

 
It’s a case of mistaken identity when Duck dons a Santa suit and meets up with other animal friends.  They all tell him their Christmas wishes and he keeps trying to tell them HE’S NOT SANTA!  When Duck finally does find Santa he shares the lists with him and has a great Christmas. You’ll find out why at the end of the book. I would read this book to kids 3-6.

I won't be back until the new year.  Until then, happy holidays and keep on reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment