Thursday, December 5, 2013

Ho Ho Ho


 
 
 
 
 
 
KIDZ KORNER
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love the holidays.  I love Christmas books.  I have a few for you that I think you’ll enjoy but first here are some easy projects.  I was always a proponent of handprint/footprint projects when I was teaching so I’ll give you some ideas I came across recently.
 

You can make a tree from cut out handprints too.  Just trace them on construction paper and cut them out. Then curl the fingers up a little and glue them on in a triangle shape(make sure you start at the bottom and work your way up) and Voila!  You have a Christmas tree. 
After you’ve done your project, read one of these stories.

 
 
Spot’s First Christmas by Eric Hill

Spot is pretty irresistible since he is so cute and curious.  He’ll find all kinds of Christmas goodies in this lift- the- flaps book.  Spot and his mom have a good time getting ready for the holiday. I would read this book to kids 6months-5years.

 

That’s Not Santa by Leonard Kessler

 This was one of my own kids’ favorite books.  Santa can’t find his suit so he tries all kind of get-ups and models them for the reindeer.  They always say, “That’s not Santa.”  How does Santa get his suit back?  Read the story and find out.  If you have an early reader, they could read this book themselves but don’t miss it, it’s really cute.  I would read this book to kids 2-6.

 
The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg

 The beautiful illustrations and the touching story of a boy who meets Santa Claus at the North Pole.  This is a book not to be missed. The train ride is one that every kid should get to experience.  I love the message about believing.  I would read this book to kids 4-8.

 

How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss

 You know the story, now go read it!!  Really it is so much better than the silly movie.  I never met a kid who didn’t like it.  I would read this book to kids 4-8.

 

Have a merry time with these books and until next week, keep on reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment