Thursday, August 8, 2013

Now I Know My ABC's





No matter if you are a parent, grandparent, babysitter, nanny, teacher or just a friend, there is nothing as satisfying as sharing a good book with a child.
Since this is my first post for kids’ books, I wanted you all to know that I will never suggest a book I haven’t read myself.  Most of them I have shared with children too.  I would never give you a recommendation for a book only because of a cute cover or a catchy title.  I’ll do my research on new books and I’ll rely on some old classics too.


 My all time favorite alphabet book is ChickaChickaBoomBoom by Bill Martin Jr., John Archambault and Lois Ehlert.
The colors are bright and engaging and the story is just plain fun.  Appropriate for children 3-6years old.
Twenty Six Pirates or Twenty Six Princesses by Dave Horowitz
These two books are companions so pick the one your little kiddo would enjoy the most.
Simple text and great pictures and fun rhymes make them winners.
Ages 3-6
The Handmade Alphabet by Laura Rankin is a great introduction to Sign Language for young kids.  The pictures are clear so you can learn to make the alphabet signs together.
It’s easy peasy to learn the signs for yes and no too.  Even the youngest kids can do them.
Older kids will enjoy learning the signs too.  Ages 5-8
My next recommendation is a book, A, You’re Adorable by Martha Alexander but it’s
 based on a song and I prefer the song any day.  You can download it from iTunes.  The version I love is by Sharon, Lois and Bram. Ages 3-8




Until next week, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment